Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Wordless Wednesday - Woodbury Family

George and Bertha Woodbury
and family about 1900
On the back of this photo Jessie Agard wrote:
Woodbury Family
He - Baptist Minister – Enfield.
Mrs. – Practical nurse was with me when Merritt was born.
(Merritt Agard is my grandfather.)

Being a genealogist I needed to verify the information. According to the 1900 Federal Census this family consisted of: George F. Woodbury (Minister); his wife, Bertha, and their daughters, Mabel, age 8, Grace, age 5, and Marion age 1.  Also in the household is George’s mother, Diane Woodbury.  They are living in Enfield, Tompkins County, New York.  My Wordless Wednesday entry turned out to be not so “wordless,” but I am happy to put names to the faces and to see the nurse who helped bring my grandfather into this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment