Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thankful Thursday - Carol Louise Agard Nunn

My mother passed away three years ago today. Sometimes it seems like a long time ago; other times it seems like it was just, well, yesterday.


Wasn't it just "yesterday" when she was a young mother with her full life ahead of her?

Carol Nunn with Mary and Skip
abt: 1948

Every day I thank my parents for providing me with a safe and happy childhood.  And every day I appreciate that my mother, who was not allowed to finish high school because she married, was one of the smartest people I have ever known. Her sayings and advice continue to be “right-on,” like, “The root of all evil is power and greed,” and, “Paper never refused print,” and, “If you can’t say anything nice; don’t say anything at all.”

She also had whimsical sayings such as, “You know it is going to rain if the cows are lying down.”



Thank you, Mom, for your love, protection and for your down to earth wisdom.

3 comments:

  1. Your Mom was really a very special lady and touched so many lives. Thank you for sharing your Thankful Thursday thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Marian. My sister and I have developed a special tradition of getting together for lunch on January 13 - because we know Mom loved to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. May I add to those,

    "It would never show on a trotting horse,"

    "A blind man would be glad to see it,"

    "Now, let's not go getting our knickers in a twist,"

    " It's better to live with the devil you know then the devil you don't," and one of my favorites
    "If everyone else is wrong it is probably a good time to take a look at yourself." Thanks Mom!

    ReplyDelete