Saturday, January 15, 2011

Sunday's Obituary - Nicholas J. Eberhard, Jr.


Last night’s disappointment turned into happiness this morning when I found the obituary for Regina’s husband, Nicholas. That obit provided me the information I needed – their children.  Below is the obituary for Nicholas J. Eberhard, Jr.

Eberhard – Nicholas J. Jr. beloved husband of Regina (nee Seibert), father of Nicholas J., Marion and Gerard, beloved son of former County Clerk Nicholas J. Eberhard Sr., brother of Virginia M. Nelson and Catherine A. Howard. He served in World War II and was Vice Commander of Bronx Borough Post, No. 1284, American Legion; he was a Vice President of the New York Society for the City of New York. Funeral from the John R. Myers Funeral Home, Morris Ave. at East 163d St. Monday, 9:30 a.m. Requiem Mass St. Angela R.C. Church 10 a.m. Interment Long Island National Cemetery.

[Nicholas and Regina are buried in the Long Island National Cemetery, Section H. Site 11987]

4 comments:

  1. A Bronx resident and active in civic affairs too! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I was so pleased. Now if I can only connect with one of their children. Would love to have photos of their mother and grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mary,
    I am the wife of Gerard Eberhard, son of Nicholas J. Eberhard Jr. I will let Jerry, Marion and Nick now you are looking for pictures. I don't know if they have any. Jerry and I have two children together. Our Patrick and Caroline are in high school. I am interested in finding out what I can for them about their Eberhard and Siebert lineage. Caroline has a lovely high soprano voice. We have been told that her grandmother also loved to sing. Know anything about musical ability in the family?

    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Martha, my heart stopped when I read your note. You can't imagine how much I have longed to connect with your family. Please read my earlier posts on the Nunn family. Elizabeth Nunn Seibert, mother of Regina Seibert Eberhard is the key to learning more about my grandfather. What a story they have! Thank you so much for asking your family for information and photos.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete