Sunday, May 3, 2015

Funeral Card – Margaret Raulerson



It has been a while since I posted a funeral card. The reason, I posted all the early years found in my mother-in-law’s scrapbook, and I am cautious about posting information on recent (2000 to present) deaths for privacy reasons.  

I subscribe to Vita Brevis, a blog of AmericanAncestors.org (New England Historic Genealogical Society), and a recent blog by Lindsay Fulton listed 7 Vital Record Alternatives, which included the value of funeral cards for finding recent relatives.

I decided to return to the scrapbook to see if there were any pre-2000 funeral cards and I found a few. I will be posting those over the next few weeks. Lindsay followed that blog with one titled, “8 More Vital Record Alternatives.”
 
If you have New England ancestry, you might want to subscribe to Vita Brevis (free). If you wish to see Lindsay’s 15 vital record alternatives, go to AmericanAncestors.org. scroll to the bottom right where you will see the Vita Brevis blog. Click on that and see “Authors.” That drop down box is alphabetical by last name. Click on A-F and scroll to the bottom where you will find Lindsay’s blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment