Several weeks ago Leslie Huber of The JourneyTakers blog honored me with the One Lovely Blog Award. The honor came at a time when I was inundated with transcription work, had company, and was running up against packing up and leaving beautiful Anna Maria Island, Florida for the cold northeast. But enough excuses!
I thanked Leslie and told her I looked forward to seeing her at NERGC that begins for us this Thursday, April 7. Can’t wait!!
The Rules are:
1. Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who granted the award and their blog link.
2. Pass the award on to blogs that you've newly discovered. (Leslie’s site stated 15; other award sites state various numbers, so I picked six.)
3. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.
So many blogs; so little time. These are the ones I have chosen:
1. Carolannkg’s writing in Adventures in Family History is concise, and I love her photos.
2. Andrea in Stories from Springer Hill touches my heart. Andrea is a gifted writer, talented cook, and a good friend. I especially love her Lu Stories. Don’t miss her "Our 2000 Pound Neighbors" blog.
3. Donna of Donna’s Genealogy Blog. Actually she has two; one for general genealogy information, the second dealing specifically with Irish genealogy. We have had the pleasure of attending Donna’s presentations at the Genealogy Club of Newtown (CT) and at the Manasota Genealogy Society (Bradenton, FL). Donna is very knowledgeable and is a gifted writer and teacher. She, too, will present at NERGC.
4. Heather of Leaves for Trees. This is a new Geneablogger blog with the goal of helping each other solve brick walls. We all need that – thanks, Heather.
5. John of New York History. For those of us with Upstate New York roots, this is a great web site to keep up on current news dealing with New York History.
6. Emily of Writing Your Memories. I appreciate tips on writing my genealogy research and journal posts. Thank you, Emily.