Monday, April 4, 2011

Military Monday - Ralph Watkins Shepard


As I work through the suitcases of genealogical treasures my cousin bestowed upon me at Christmas I found Ralph Shepard’s Application for Membership to the Board of Managers of the Empire State Society of the Sons of the American Revolution.

Ralph was born in Spencer, New York on June 30, 1882 and he lists his descent line from John Shepard born June 17, 1752.  Ralph wrote on his application:

“John Shepard served as a private in Capt. Israel Healds Co., Col Eleazer Brooks (Middlesex, County) Regt. of Mass. militia for six days from March 4, 1776. Company marched from Acton, Mass to Roxbury. Company composed of Acton men.

From “Mass. Soldiers and Sailors in the Revolution.”

Reference to D.A.R Member #71005 (Mrs. D.F.) Cora Spaulding Rolison”

I am happy to share the information on this application with anyone researching the Shepard family line.

No comments:

Post a Comment