Saturday, January 12, 2013

Dorn Family Bible Record


In the process of reorganizing my family files, I came upon (again) a copy of a “Family Register” sheet that had been amongst my mother’s papers.  I suspected all along that the George and Emma listed was my grandfather’s sister, Emma Nunn. The marriage date is 8 April 1923.  Earlier I had poked around trying to verify this information, but kept coming up blank.  Today I took another stab at it, and do now believe this page is from the Dorn family.



In the 1925 New York State Census, I found George and Emma Dorn living in the Bronx.  George’s occupation was listed as a Gem Polisher. Emma was an embroiderer.  Living Nearby is Nicholas and Josephine (possibly called Joy?) Dorn. Nicholas’ occupation is lapidary.

In posting this page I hope to receive verification that this indeed belongs to the Dorn family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment