Friday, January 13, 2012

Surname Saturday - Searching Tucker Cousins


When the 1830 family bible of my great-great-grandfather, William Lanning Tucker (b: 1839; d: 1859), came into my possession I was thrilled. That source provided names and birthdates of the ten children of Ezra D. and Caroline Lanning Tucker.

Ezra D. Tucker was born 25 August 1817 in New Jersey He died in 1898 at the age of 81. Ezra married Caroline Lanning on 21 February 1837 in Enfield, New York. Caroline was born 7 July 1817 and died 31 December 1894.  Living in their household was Caroline’s father, William Lanning. 

With this information in hand, I traced and “filled in the dash” of most of the children in that family line.  Although I have names, dates, and spouse information I do not have any photos of this family.  I would love to connect with any cousins who may have photos of this large family.

I was also fortune to acquire William Lanning Tucker’s diaries – a few he kept in the early 1920s when he was in his 80s.  Although sparsely written there are some precious entries, one in which he described the events surrounding the birth of my mother in 1924.  From his diary I learned how long my grandmother was in the hospital following the birth, and that she and the new baby were sent home in an ambulance!

No comments:

Post a Comment