Friday, July 29, 2011

Sympathy Saturday - Beverly Shepard Agard


Beverly (d: July 2011), Nancy (d: Dec 2007), J. Richard (d: April 2007) Agard

I was sad to learn that my aunt, Beverly Gene Shepard Agard, passed away on Wednesday, 27 July 2011.   Not knowing she was near her time, that very afternoon she arrived in my thoughts. I thought about how lucky I was to visit her on Mother’s Day and to present her with a three ring binder that held her Shepard family history. I explained it wasn’t finished, but I hoped she would enjoy what was presented and that it would bring her happy memories.  As I thought about Aunt Beverly Wednesday noontime, I vowed to give her a call very soon.  We had to rush off that afternoon and didn’t get back until evening, when I received the email that she had passed away.

Beverly Shepard, age one year
Beverly was born 10 April 1926 to Howard Eugene and Ethel A. Grover Shepard. Beverly grew up in the Southern Tier of New York, and then the family moved to Hudson Street in Ithaca, New York.

Beverly and Dick Agard
Beverly married J. Richard Agard on 23 July 1946.  She had completed her degree from Cornell University, but put off any thoughts of career as she knew the importance of raising her family. When her two girls were well on their way, Beverly operated her own drapery and upholstery business in Cayuga Heights.  Many homeowners are thankful that Beverly was there to assist them in those important decorating decisions.

Beverly was the best cook. We were always thrilled to get an invitation to Beverly’s house for dinner and couldn’t wait to partake in her delicious meals. 

Beverly, you are missed. We miss your smiling face and your wonderful laugh.  Rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment