Friday, June 3, 2011

Addie Tucker


Addie Tucker

Reviewing information I had gathered on the Tucker family, I had only one sentence attached to Adelaide C. Tucker b: 7 April 1871 – “Adelaide Tucker remained unmarried.”  Not much of a bio for Addie! 

She is a bit elusive at this point, but I do know that for over thirty years she taught school in Asbury Park, New Jersey. For at least ten of those years she boarded with Cornelia Thompson on South Main Street in Neptune Township, Monmouth County, NJ.  Addie returned home to visit her family during summer vacation and at holiday time. My mother remembers Addie taking the train that ran through Willow Creek to travel to and from New Jersey.  Addie Tucker was the daughter of Fanny Adelia Hosner and William Lanning Tucker; her sisters were Carrie Tucker (Beardsley) b: 1866, Olive Tucker (Rightmire) b: 1873 and my great-grandmother Jessie Tucker (Agard) b: 1876.

Addie came to mind when I pulled out some photos my cousin gave to me recently. The photos were in an old box that was found in a corner of their barn.  I will do my best to learn more about Addie’s life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment