Reading entries of 52 Weeks to Better Genealogy prompted me to think about and decide on some goals for 2011. I was inspired by Donna Jane’s blog http://hangingwithdonna.blogspot.com/ especially reviewing one family line a month and making sure all citations are in place. That is a great suggestion.
My goals for 2011 are:
· Produce a monograph of the Hardenbrook family 1830 – 1930. I have so much interesting information written up on this family during these years it is time to share with others doing research in Seneca and Cayuga County, NY.
· Produce a monograph of the Shepard family for my cousin. I have sorted through the two suitcases. I will scan photos, research this family, write up what I find and return the material to my cousin in an acid free archival box by Christmas 2011.
· Continue to share genealogical research information through my blog.
· Develop the 1880-1889 Newtown Death Database from vital records book held at the town clerk’s office. (The 1890-1899 Newtown Death database was developed in 2010; an article has been submitted about the importance of this database to the February 2011 issue of Connecticut Ancestry).
· Continue to search for descendants of Elizabeth Nunn Siebert.
· Attend the NERGC Conference in April 2011.
· Provide Tompkins County Rootsweb (http://nytompki.org/) with transcribed material. From the Shepard family suitcases I have retrieved a number of Ithaca Journals in which I have saved the obits and will transcribe for this site as I have done in the past.
Happy New Year and I wish everyone a year filled with genealogical successes!!!