Saturday, December 7, 2013

Shopping Saturday - Going to Trumansburg


I wish I knew this family ...
In the early 1940s Maude and Merritt Agard lived in a house on the Jacksonville Road, halfway between Gorge Road and White School House Road (later Agard Road) in Jacksonville, New York. I believe this photo was taken alongside that house, though I have no idea who this family is.  The wagon is labeled: "Sold by The Biggs Co. Trumansburg, N.Y." and the family appears to be dressed for a day in town, or possibly on their way to church.  

The Biggs Company was located on Main Street in Trumansburg and sold everything from harnesses, nuts and bolts to fine china. Reminiscent of Rothchild's in Ithaca when I was growing up.

For those who remember the large horse mannequin in the window of Biggs, he now safely resides in the Ulysses Historical Society building. 

No comments:

Post a Comment