Saturday, June 30, 2012

Wedding Bells for Grace Tucker


Nelson Sansouci and Miss Grace Tucker of Enfield (NY) were married at the West Groton parsonage on January 22 (1924) by Rev. De Witt C. Nye. They visited a few days at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Karlson.

This notice was cut out and pinned into the 21 Jan 1924 page of William Lanning Tucker’s Daily Reminder. Grace was the granddaughter of William’s brother Fred.

Grace was the daughter of Emmett and Blanche Tucker.  At the time of Grace’s wedding, she was age 18; Nelson was 36.  Grace and Nelson lived in Enfield Center, NY where he earned his living working for the town highway department. By 1930 Grace and Nelson had two children, a son, Louis, and daughter Jean. 

4 comments:

  1. I am one of the great-granddaughters of Grace Tucker. I am interested to know where you found this piece of history?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debra: It is so nice to hear from you. I have been doing a lot of research on the Tucker family and have a monograph started. I would welcome any information that you could share. This article on Grace's wedding was straight-pinned into William Lanning Tucker's 1924 diary. William Lanning Tucker was the father of my great-grandmother Jessie Tucker Agard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a geat granddaughter as well! I had a baby girl who I actually named Grace after her who passed away. I love reading all of this history.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Renee: Thank you for commenting. I am so happy to connect with Tucker "cousins." And I realized I didn't really answer Debra's question about the citation for Grace Tucker's wedding. Of course Wm. Lanning Tucker didn't worry about citations :), so he just clipped the article. So I don't know in which local paper he would have seen it - Ithaca Journal, Trumansburg Free Press, or Syracuse Herald. If I do find out I will certainly let you know.

    ReplyDelete