Sunday, January 11, 2015

Smiths in Ulysses, Tompkins County, New York


Following my post regarding the Jacksonville Community Church history I received a request for Smiths in Jacksonville.  Although I have not started transcribing this history yet, I did honor this request and scanned through the manuscript looking for Smiths. There were quite a few in the early years, not so much through the 1920s and 1930s.  I thought I would share that list on my blog in case anyone else is looking for Smith ancestors in the Town of Ulysses area during the 1800s.

Smiths in Jacksonville Church History

1826 Incorporation
Smith, George – First Trustee

1842-43
Partial List of Members – First Class
Solomon
Christiany
Franklin (expelled)
Polly

Second Class
William
Robert L.
Hannah
William F
Rohania
Margaret
Mary E.

Third Class 1842-48
Peter
Clarissa
Elias H.
Harriet

Officials 1845
Harrison
Reuben
Jared H.
Robert L
Stephen (Mecklenburg)
Henry (Enfield)

Kennedy’s Corners 1849
Lufanna

Rumsey’s Corners 1849
Henry
Clarissa
Nancy
Susannah
Jeremia
Martha

1856-57  Class Two
Clement
Lucy
Robert
Hannah
Jehiel
Melissa
Abigail
Emeline
Rhoda
Peter

1858
Sylvester

1870
Jehile

1872
H.D.

1922
R.L. Smith, pastor

1926
P.B. Smith (Phil) appears through 20s, 30s
As pastor and trustee


No comments:

Post a Comment